General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – BIPO Ltd Privacy Statement for Growers
Your privacy is important to us and we wanted to provide you with some information about how we process your personal data.
BIPO Ltd (‘BIPO’) is a data controller of your personal data. BIPO’s address is set out at the bottom of this page; however, should you have any queries, you should contact our representative, Sara Harris, using the contact details in the top right-hand corner of this page.
a) As a grower of any Royalty Area Collection (‘RAC’) varieties on the Schedule List, you have signed an RAC Agreement (‘the Contract’) to receive your personal RAC Number so you can order RAC varieties from your Merchant.
b) As a grower of any KWS Oilseed Establishment Partnership (‘KOEP’) varieties on the KOEP Schedule List, you have signed a KOEP Agreement (‘the Contract’) to receive your personal KOEP Number so you can order KOEP varieties from your Merchant.
As part of your relationship with BIPO, BIPO processes the following personal data about you:
• Trading Name
• Contact details
• Farm holding number
• Crop varieties being grown, and location/size of area where crops are grown
• Dates of transactions
• Merchant’s name
BIPO collects the above personal data directly from you.
Your personal data is stored securely and is only accessed by the appropriate personnel in BIPO.
We will only use your personal details to:
• administer the Contract with you.
• respond to any request for information and advice you make.
• send you breeder information regarding the crops you are sowing.
• send you a Declaration Form for you to declare your hectares sown.
• send invoices and collect the royalties from you in relation to the crop varieties that you have grown.
The lawful basis for processing your personal data will generally be to perform the Contract between us. We may also process your personal data because it is necessary:
• for the pursuit of our legitimate interests (e.g. the legitimate interests of BIPO, you and the breeder are to ensure the best yield/quality of crop possible, which is why BIPO sends you breeder information about growing the crops); and
• to comply with our legal obligations (e.g. account to HMRC).
BIPO may share your personal data as follows:
• Breeders (only your Trading name and hectares declared for Royalty Collection).
• Where required by law (e.g. HMRC) or to comply with instructions from a regulatory body
• Where required to satisfy our auditors and/or to satisfy money laundering or other statutory requirements.
BIPO may also require your business to undergo an audit conducted by its independent auditors.
We will never pass on your details to any other third party and we will retain your personal information for no longer than the length of the Contract.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information.
• Request correction of the personal information that BIPO holds about you.
• Request the erasure of your personal information.
• Request the restriction of and objection to processing of your personal information.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to a third party.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact Sara Harris using the contact details in the top right-hand corner of this letter.
If you have any concerns or queries about BIPO’s use of your personal data, again, please contact Sara Harris.
You retain the right to lodge a complaint about BIPO’s management of your personal data with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
Cherry Holt Road,